Sunday 1 November 2015

Not Quite A Collection

Nov K2C - Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Collection
Welcome to the November Master Forger Kit Reveal Blog Hop which started with our Guest Designer Alicia.  If you're following in order you'll have popped over from Clair (if not, the hop order is on the CKCB today).

You never quite know where the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog will glean inspiration from ... this month Bethany has chose a collection pack rather than a kit: The Cedar Lane Collection by Pink Paislee which hit the (US) stores in August this year.  The first thing that struck me with this collection was that sheet of bright purple ... followed by the mix of bright colours against brown ... plus splashes of bright blue and some neutral woodgrain.  Here's what I found in my stash (more or less) along those lines:

Jimjams - November CKCB Kit

I added some arrow dies to help with the counterfeiting, and a splash of buttons as they've been missing from my kits for a while.  There's also a sheet of teal cork to cut my own titles from.  Seeing the two photos together ... I realise Pink Paislee won't be hiring me as a collection designer any day soon ... ;-)

Supplies:
Glitz Designs Sparrow Daisy (orange reverse) and Sparrow Stripe (teal reverse)
All the other papers were from the giveaway pile at my recent Bloggers' retreat - leftovers from a pad of Crate Paper's The Pier collection and a pad of Amy Tangerine from American Crafts one brown polkadot paper fromgoodness knows where?!
Little B's Arrows dies
A selection of buttons from my stash
Arrow and honeycomb washi tapes
Simple Stories SN@P! studio alphas and icon stickers
Teal cork from WRMK

Grapevine Studio Social Media Wood VeneersWe're also counterfeiting an embellishment add-on ... and I chose to have a go at Grapevine Design's social media wood veneers in honour of the smartphone I was given for my birthday ... 21st century, here I come!!!!

Now it's time to hop on to Julene ... I wonder what she has put together for this month and what she'll be adding to her kit?

18 comments:

alexa said...

You can't go wrong with a bit of woodgrain ... and your colours will suit autumnal photos very nicely, with the spots of bright colour too. I admire your energy in pulling all this together every month!

Sian said...

That's a kit I would quite happily get stuck into. I love the splashes of blue; and, as Alexa says, you can't go wrong with woodgrain

Susanne said...

Oh I like that you have rescued papers from a giveaway pile - bless your scrappy little heart. The kit looks great and I can't wait to see all those buttons in action - I need to be busting my button stash too. Enjoy that rich colorful pretty kit, Jemma.

Melissa said...

I think you've done a great job pulling out the happy colors from that kit & creating your own FUN one to work with! Enjoy!

sassyscrapper said...

Loving the warm wood tones of your kit and your embellishment choice made me smile. I came to the smartphone dark side pretty late in the game as well. The silly thing is addicting, but very useful. #loveyourkit!!!

Margie said...

What a rich, warm kit, and I love that brown floral!

Susan said...

I think the woodgrain and touches of brown give a nice and cozy feel to your kit, and the other papers add a nice little splash of color. That teal cork is pretty gorgeous too and those bright and happy buttons made me smile.

kate blue said...

you have a great sense of humor! I love that you chose what struck your eye and built on that-that's what makes this fun!

Julene Matthews said...

I agree about the woodgrains and brown.I like that floral paper top left too. Looking forward to your layouts.

Lisa said...

very much your kit but still, pretty close to the feel of the original. Buttons - need to remember those next time! I still have a lot and hardly ever remember them in the kit making process. Nice and compact with super colours that will produce some very seasonal pages. love it

Kelly Sroka said...

Beautiful kit! I love the bright colors agains the woodgrain. Great job!

Julie H said...

I'm loving the elements you've included in your kit, and I'm intrigued at how you're going to counterfeit your wood veneers . . .

Tara O said...

I love your take on the kit! Woodgrain is an awesome thing to scrap with!! I am intrigued by your teal cork piece-mostly by where you might have bought it. ;) Can't wait to see what you do with it. Maybe I'll get to play along a bit this month.

Tina Campbell said...

A beautiful kit :) My attention was drawn to that purple sheet too, so much that purple ended up being a good focus for my kit :) I see you didn't mention pink at all :) I was surprised that I did add quite a bit to mine maybe with the thoughts to get it out f my stash :) I seen the blue with the circles was about tempted to add it to my kit too :)Cool wood veneers and welcome to 21st century :) I got my smartphone just a couple of months ago too

Clair said...

Ah, I see you chose to use the purple, rather than the pink :) Lovely interpretation of the collection and lots to play with too!

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit. Love the teal that you brought into your kit.
Cindy F

LCSmithSAVED said...

Your kit has what I found missing on the inspiration: warmth & texture. I always smile when I see you toss a handful of buttons in : )

Sassy Breese said...

I missed the November round. But glad to see your kit, today. Your interpretation is equally charming and engaging. Don't discredit your ability to curate a kit. Did you name this kit? I would call it "Dots A Lot"