Thursday 3 January 2013

And We're Off!!!

Away we go!  The first challenge of the year is up at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today and it's a special one.  Take a look over there because you will not only find details of the challenge criteria, but also hear all about the re-introduction of the CKCB members' blog hop associated with it.

I've already had a go with the challenge, but used up the remains of my November Counterfeit Kit to do it with (as long as the supplies get used it's all good LOL)!

Layout - Away We Go! - Jimjams

A blank journalling tag - apologies - because I still need to quiz Child No.3 on the name of her travelling companion (the one on the right).  Using a sketch from Scrap Friends I had fun adding Spellbinders So Trendy embossed texture to my title letters which were cut with my Sizzlit Round-a-bout dies.


Can you guess what the criteria for the first challenge from the CKCB are?
No?
To use three patterned papers, three embellishments and a three word title - the use of a three pointed shapes or a photo with three subjects is entirely optional and probably over the top!!

There is now plenty of time to be inspired by the challenge, sign up for the blog hop and schedule your post.  Will you join me?  I loved the flexibility of this challenge so much that I'll have another page for you (this time made with my January Counterfeit Kit, honest) - hope to see you then!


17 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Such great colors!
rinda

K said...

Really really really like those letters :)

Lesley G said...

Now there's a challenge, be part of a bog hop (might need some assistance) but will give it a go...
Thanks for taking me there Jemma, great page too!

Abi said...

lovely colours and the triangles look great. I wouldn't have thought of using them on a LO but they really make the photo pop!

alexa said...

Those embossed letters are so prettily textured! I'd not thought of that ... My little Sizzix is very old but might be able to cope! Wishing you joy in your counterfeiting this year and I love your energy for these challenges :).

Beverly said...

Always love some polka dots and the embossed letters are great :)

MiliPea Designs said...

Jemma, you little over achiever you, with the 3 pointed shapes, 3 photos and 3 subjects! Way to go above and way, way beyond! Wonderful layout!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the triangles! I may have to lift the idea for one of my JYC pages I still need to finish.

Melissa said...

Great layout - I especially like the triangles & the papers you chose.

glorygirl said...

Love the way you used this sketch with the challenge! The title is great and so are the triangles!

Sandie said...

Love the way you used this challenge. I so want to join in but never seem to make the time. One day!

Jennifer Grace said...

Ha ha, I love how you've gone over the top with your 3's! The tiangles look great and I love the embossed title! x

Roxy said...

I, too, love the embossed title! And the triangles are way cool!!!

Lisa said...

The banner shapes are just so vibrant and energetic and a great start to the year. Love this page and the bright colours. Looking forward to seeing your creations this year.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love the title - awesome layout!!

Sarah said...

Great page - love those embossed letters! The cleaning/chucking idea on your other post sounds a fab idea- maybe I should take the idea on! Have a great day! Sarah x

Missus Wookie said...

I love embossing letters and bits - looks great. Congratulations on getting all the challenges done too.