Monday 19 September 2011

Wet & Wild

Over on UKScrappers last week there was a fun challenge to use an advertising slogan as your title - and of course my mind went totally blank!!!  I get this when I answer surveys too - no matter how hard I think, I can neither recall the product when told the slogan, nor remember the slogan when faced with the product.  Yet while I'm watching the advert I'm usually irritated because I've seen/heard the combination so many times.  Marketing budgets are wasted on my butterfly brain!

Thankfully Google pointed me in the right direction and I eventually found a 7-up slogan from 1965/66 that fitted these rainy pictures from last July (please note the typical British summer holiday weather) when we visited Hadrian's Wall at Housesteads Fort.  I've used my September Counterfeit Kit along with a sketch from Sarah's Cards

The rain allowed us to imagine how much the Roman troops must have missed
the Italian sunshine - we could have done with some ourselves!!
I think No.3 Child is responsible for getting rain droplets onto the camera lens and chopping off my feet ... don't we all look like we're having a grrrrreat time .... aha, now that reminds me of a slogan I can link to the product - Tony the Tiger and his Frosties!


I also visited Housesteads in August 2009 - it poured then too!!  One day I'd like to walk the length of Hadrian's Wall, but given my track record, I'd better invest in some decent waterproofs first!

P.S. As I love combining challenges, this page also fits in with Scrapbookers Anonymous' "B" challenge as I've used Basic Grey paper and Buttons!

23 comments:

Mary B said...

grrrrreat page made me smile too ready about you butterfly mind.

Mary B said...

Oh and pleased don't get cross at my excess 'r's I was only copying you :D

Susanne said...

Very nice - I like how you use all those label shapes.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Hadrian's Wall since I was a child - and it was raining then too so your journaling made me smile!

Margie said...

Lovely page-love the color combo, and that border is fantastic!

WendyB said...

I'd like to do the whole of Hadrians wall too, I think I have seen it once in sunshine !

alexa said...

Lovely page, and I think we have a photo of DH sitting there (in sun!) a few years ago! Like the dotted background - feels so suitable for a rainy day.

Brenda Smith said...

Beautiful! Love your choice of slogan.

Brenda
theimperfectscrapper.blogspot.com

Lynnda said...

Beautiful layout....Awesome B Challenge!!! Love it... Thank you so much for playing along with US over at scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

Lydia said...

Great page! Love the polka dot paper....think I might have some of that! :) So glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
Lydia

scrappysue said...

Great page, it sure does have a rainy feel to it! If its any consolation, it chucked it down with rain when we went to the Grand Canyon. I was not amused!!

Sian said...

Oh, yes. I have a very similar set of Housesteads pictures. And a similar ambition to walk the wall!

You have got the atmosphere just right with this one. It really tells the story

Emily said...

That polka dot paper is perfect! It really feels like rain. I like your cloud cut outs above the photos.

Beverly said...

great layout, perfect paper choice :)

Ali said...

WE got wet at Housteads too! Love that paper combo and your punched strip especially.

Lea said...

Love the paper and how you did the title around the circle! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Fab LO, love that BG paper. Thanks for joining us over ar Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxxx

Theresa said...

fabulous layout. who doesn't love a little basic grey. great color palette and the cute buttons are a B too.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Louise said...

Great LO. Thanks for joining in with the Sarah's cards challenge.

Ifa said...

LOL, you don't have a lot of luck with Hadrian's Wall weatherwise, do you ? I was there one August and whilst it didn't rain, it was slightly misty and grey. Could be, it is one part of the country never to have good weather.

Nat said...

Ha fab pics! Sometimes the worst weather crates the best memories! Thanks for playing along with us at Sarahs Cards xxx

Lisa said...

i adore that spotty paper and the shaped border punch. such a very lovely layout

Missus Wookie said...

Did you go to the temple of Mithras just south of Hadrian's Wall? It's in a sheep field and my kids have only just forgiven the friends who sent us to look at it... especially since you can see it online without tramping through muddy fields in the rain.

But it gives you a feeling of why they'd build a temple to a sun god :)