Thursday 30 June 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 1

Well another week has gone by without a peep from me ... no scrapping, no de-cluttering report, no holiday snaps ... but with good reason ... actually a really bad reason, but I'm still cheerful because ....

Fetching iodine stained beard with 3 extra stitches
due to fainting outside A&E after phoning home to update me!
It could have been SO much worse!!!  No.1 Son managed to break his back while "celebrating" his exam results - but the hairline crack in his vertebra is stable.  He was due to move house this week, but Hubby & I managed to pack up his belongings and move half his stuff into the new student house last weekend thanks to his understanding new landlord.  And best of all he's home today - walking around as he has been since the fall last Saturday - and looking very fetching in a custom made "corset" .... he may not let me share photos of that, especially if I can find the black lace and red ribbons ...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's bad enough! Poor him, poor you - at least he's walking. I popped over to thank you for the lovely encouragement you left me - so sending you some love Hx

Winnie said...

Oh dear! Glad to hear he's on the mend now though.

alexa said...

Oh, Jemma, what a trauma for him and for you :(. Hoping that it heals well and he makes a full recovery. You must be up to your eyes ... Sending warmest good wishes.

Sian said...

Gosh, Jemma, what a shock! Best wishes to all of you as he continues his recovery x

Lynn said...

Wishing him a speedy recovery! Take care x

furrypig said...

thank goodness it sounds like he is on the mend, children are always a cause for worry even when they are big it seems! Get well soon

Alison said...

What a worrying week you must have had!...hope the recovery goes well
Alison xx

Cate Brickell said...

oh, dear, I hope you manage to find red ribbon! at least your boy is on the mend, and home safely.

CoventryAnn said...

Good to hear he is on the mend... they still worry us sick don't they, even when they are grown up.
:D at the corset comment, first thing I thought of when i saw the phrase ' custom made corset' was hmmmm.... how will you get a photo of him wearing that!!

Lizzie said...

Oh gosh, poor chap! I'm glad he's recovering (young men heal fast!). Hope he is soon back to normal.
I fell and crushed my back, a bit over 2 years ago. Much agonising pain... hours (and ££££) of osteopathy... I'm just about "fixed" now, apart from a bit of muscle weakness, which I'm working on.
I do hope your boy is still doing well and can soon start some remedial exercise; he should be offered physio really (though you may have to ask the consultant or gp to arrange it!) Otherwise, I'd really recommend an osteopath - especially a "cranial osteopath" (no it isn't all related to head-bones, just a gentler technique) - to check him over and make sure all is "in place" again.

And did you ever find the red ribbon and black lace for the corset?!

Lisa-Jane said...

Good grief what a worrying time! Glad it is not more serious and that he is up and about.

Missus Wookie said...

ooouch! Poor thing - glad you were able to go and help him out. Hope he is feeling better now and enjoys the corset without the lace rubbing too much ;)