Thursday 3 February 2011

Happy Year of the Rabbit!

Any excuse to eat well in this house ... so tonight it was crispy fried duck, chicken and cashew nuts and for the first time ever, fortune cookies.


I snapped mine open and read "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."  Not quite the fortune-telling that I had been expecting ... then Hubby read his out: "Luck is a dividend of sweat.  The more you sweat, the luckier you get".
"Ooh, You should be very lucky then." says I.  No.3 Child and I found it hysterical even if he didn't!

3 comments:

alexa said...

I've just choked on my tea! Hope you had a lovely meal ...

Sian said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi! (Many years ago my brother spent time in Taiwan..the two phrases he taught me when he came home were this one and "can I have a banana". And I've forgotten it.)

Good story!

Mary B said...

Love that story made me giggle at the beginning of the day, which is a good thing indeed.